Wednesday 10 August 2011

Brace Face

I am a bad mom.  Really I am.  My daughter got braces today (the top ones...bottom ones go on next month) and I just think she looks so cute with them....my little Brace Face.  And there is where I am a bad mom.  I am, in my head, calling my daughter a name that is a horrid teasing thing that kids say to other kids.  I really don't mean it that way at all.  It's said with love....and with none of the malice that kids might say it with.

So far I haven't actually said it out loud....but I keep thinking it and I am a little afraid it's going to come out of my mouth and it is NOT going to be pretty when it does.  I really am a horrid parent....I need to find a new nickname for my little brace face...damn it!!  I just said it again....

In all seriousness though, I can't believe we are at the stage when braces are being applied, daily showers are becoming necessary and leg shaving is just around the corner.  I knew when I had her this day would come but I just didn't think it would come so damn fast.  I am feeling rather frightened and overwhelmed by what is to come...Have I prepared her well enough?  Have I taught her what she needs to know?  Have I instilled a healthy respect and love for herself in her?  Will she make good choices????

Braces.  This all started with braces.  I really don't think I am ready for this at all.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment