Friday 20 January 2012

I Know the Plans...

The rings
I'm planning a wedding.  I met a man.  We shook hands for months.  I finally noticed him.  We went on a date...and haven't looked back.  Exactly a month later my mom passed away.  He was by my side the whole time.  And now we're getting married.  I can't begin to put into words how I feel...

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..." (Jeremiah 29:11, TNIV)

This has long been my mom's verse and one she claimed for me, gave to me.  She believed in this verse for herself and for me.  And if she ever wavered in that I never knew it.  But I wavered.  Many many times I wavered.  And in my wavering I made poor choices.  And I began to believe that no good would ever come into my life.  I wanted more and I hoped for more but I stopped believing it would ever really happen.

It is no accident that I met this man, fell in love, and am now going to be his wife.  God knew exactly who my heart needed. And I may not know what our future holds or where this is going to take us but I know that whatever is to come He's already got under control.

"I know the plans...plans to prosper...not to harm...to give hope and a future."

Thank you God for never wavering even when I do. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment